Taking the leap into the world of scuba diving teaching? Make our Divemaster course your first port of call.
If you’re looking to join the ranks of the scuba-teaching professionals, our PADI Divemaster program is the first step. It’s an extensive apprentice course with three sections...
Watermanship & Skills Assessment
- Watermanship and stamina
- 400-metre swim without swimming aids or stopping
- 15-minte tread water
- 800-metre snorkel with only mask, fins, snorkel and no overhand strokes or stopping
- 100-metre tired diver tow with both divers in full scuba gear
- General diving skills
- Developing the 20 Open Water Diver skills to demonstrate quality – completed over a number of skills circuits
- Produce an Emergency Assistance Plan and map for a local dive site
You’ll study all the required academics through manuals and tutorials.
In this section of the PADI Divemaster course, you’ll do a number of training activities using structured sessions, stimulated scenarios and internship sessions with actual Ocean College PADI programmes. It’ll be done as an internship, over a minimum of two weeks. You’ll gain valuable practical experience of student and diver supervision, working as an instructional assistant and supervisor of open water diving activities during the training sessions. It goes without saying you’ll be working under the close guidance of our experienced instructors.
Once you’re certified as a PADI Divemaster, you’ll be able to...
- Act as a certified instructional assistant to PADI Instructors
- Supervise participants in PADI experience programs for uncertified divers
- Supervise training and non-training related diving activities by planning, organising and directing dives
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Conduct the PADI Scuba Review programme for certified divers
- Enrol in PADI Instructor level training
What’s more, you’ll be recognised as a diver with instructor level skills, diving theory and with significant training in assisting an instructor during training activities. From here, many of our Ocean College divers go on to become PADI Instructors.